Altering behavior patterns of humans, like improper diet, lack of physical exercise, smoking, etc., are severely affecting the health status of people, making it a global concern.
This lifestyle change is evolving the frequency of heart ailments among people. As per the World Health Organization, cardiovascular disorders are one of the major causes of mortality worldwide, which takes an estimated 17.9 million lives every year!
Fortunately, recent medical advances have made the treatment of heart diseases incredibly accessible to the wider population. India is one of the most famous destinations for medical tourism when it comes to the efficient and cost-effective therapy of heart diseases.
In this blog, we have combined the list of some of the best heart surgery hospitals in India to help you with your treatment with ease. Hope it will prove helpful to you!
Why is Heart Surgery Needed?
Heart surgeries play an essential role in the treatment of serious ailments linked to the heart. To understand the topic better, let’s look into some of the most common diseases which may require surgical treatment.
- Coronary Heart Disease: A type of heart illness that develops when the coronary artery fails to deliver the required amount of oxygenated blood to the heart. Some commonly seen symptoms of the disease may be chest pain or pressure, fatigue, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, etc.
- Heath Valve Disease: Heart Valve Disease is a type of disease in which the flow of blood is disrupted due to the dysfunction of the heart valves. This leads to a mix of blood in the heart’s chamber.
- Heart Failure: It is a heart disease that evolves when the heart doesn’t sufficiently pump blood according to the body’s needs.
- Atrial fibrillation: Atrial fibrillation is a disease that is associated with the rate or rhythm of the heartbeat.
Types of Heart Surgeries
There are various types of heart surgeries. Some of the widely practiced heart surgeries that help with most heart disorders are discussed below.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG): CABG, also known as heart bypass surgery, is a type of surgery that is incredibly beneficial in the treatment of heart ailments such as Coronary Heart Disease. In this operation, the healthy blood vessels of various body parts are linked to the blood vessels above and below the blocked artery. This helps to restore the blood flow In the arteries.
- Heart Valve Repair & Replacement Surgery: In heart valve repair surgery, the surgeon attempts to rectify the flaps of the heart valve by patching tears or reattaching loose flaps. In heart valve replacement surgery, the surgeon replaces the defective heart valve with a mechanical or biological heart valve.
- Maze Procedure: Maze Procedure, also known as surgical ablation, is an open heart surgical technique that is used to stop the defective electrical signals of the heart, causing irregular heartbeats.
- Pacemaker or Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD): This surgical technique is widely used in treating arrhythmia. In this process, an electrical device is implanted under the chest that regulates the heartbeats.
Best Heart Surgery Hospitals in India
- Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon: Medanta- The Medicity is a Super-specialty medical institute that was established in the year 2009. This hospital specializes in managing emergencies and prioritizes heart health by providing special counseling to the patients. It has an extensive team of more than 30 cardiologists working proficiently in the hospital. Various complex heart surgeries, such as Redo Operations, Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization, Percutaneous Valve Therapies, etc., are regularly performed at this hospital.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi: Established in the year 1999, this Multi-specialty hospital is among the best heart surgery hospitals in India, holding a nationwide record of performing 1, 52,000 successful cardiac surgeries. The cardiac team is extremely trained in handling cases with severe complications related to Neonatal heart surgery, Valvular heart disease, and Coronary artery bypass surgery and are experts in performing modern techniques like Myocardial Ablation and Percutaneous Transluminal Septal.
- Fortis Hospital, Noida– Fortis Hospital, Noida is a Multi-specialty medical center established in the year 2004. The hospital specializes in the Department of Cardiology, with 9 operation theaters furnished with refined installations. It is one of the most renowned medical institutions in the country, having top-notch technologies such as unique hybrid operating suites, robotic heart surgery, and other minimally invasive medical techniques. Complicated heart surgeries like Percutaneous Valve Therapies, Redo Operations, Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization, etc., are regularly performed at the hospital.
- Max Super Specialty Hospital, Gurgaon– Founded in the year 2007, Max Super Specialty Hospital, Gurgaon, is a Super-specialty medical center with excellence in various healthcare fields. It has secured several prestigious awards for its medical service and has NABH & NABL-certified laboratories. The hospital is highly specialized in medical procedures such as Endocrinology & Endocrine Surgery, IVF, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Surgery, Medical & Surgical Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, and Cardiac Surgery (CTVS).
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi– Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi, is a Multi-Specialty medical institute regarded as the best cardiology hospital in India by the Consumer Department. It was founded in 1988 and has treated more than 70,000 patients successfully in the last 22 years. The hospital’s Cardiac department was the first to introduce Asia’s first operational fluid management technologies, and it is also the foremost in Asia to introduce medical procedures such as minimal access surgery and robotic surgery to treat heart disease.
- Manipal Hospitals Dwarka, Delhi– Established in 1970, Manipal Hospitals, Delhi, is among India’s best heart surgery hospitals. The hospital is incredibly specialized in the areas of cardiology, including minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery. The cardiology department has top-notch technologies and advanced equipment for the treatment of various heart problems such as Renal Angioplasty & Stenting, Carotid Artery Stenting, AICD Implantation, Biventricular Pacing for Congestive Cardiac Failure ( CRT ), IVC filter-device in DVT, Balloon Valvuloplasty for Valvular Stenosis, Coronary Angioplasty & Stenting, Primary Rescue Angioplasty, and Peripheral Angioplasty & Stenting.
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai– Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai, is a highly equipped Super-specialty medical center established in the year 1950. This hospital is amongst the most renowned medical institutions for the treatment of heart ailments. It has an exceptionally talented cardiology department that is proficient in conducting medical procedures such as primary cardiac tumors, acute mitral valve regurgitation, vascular surgeries, aortic root surgeries, left ventricular reconstruction, repair of postinfarction ventricular septal rupture, etc.
In conclusion, The prevalence of heart diseases among the population is growing at a pace hampering the potential of humans to grow in the sphere of life. Due to the advent of technology, the treatment of heart diseases has become comparatively easy. If you are confused about choosing an appropriate destination for the treatment of your heart problem, India may be a rightful choice because of multiple factors. It is advised to carefully analyze and choose the best available option according to your needs.