There are many advertisements on TV nowadays. A 30-second commercial with a catchy tune and a catchy slogan. However, there’s more to it than that. The average person is exposed to approximately 500 advertising messages every day. Advertisements are available in a variety of shapes sizes, shapes, and styles. When you do good advertising you can win American Advertising Awards.
What Is Advertising?
Advertising is bringing interest to an item via paid announcements made by an advertiser. Advertisement is any method of non-personal presentation and promotion of ideas, products, or services. Advertisement is any kind of communication that is usually paid for and meant to inform and/or influence one or more individuals.
Advertising is simply a method of creating an advertisement that is designed to educate people about something or to convince them to buy, experiment, or try something.
Characteristics of Advertising
- Paid Form Advertising is a process that requires an advertiser (also known as a sponsor) to pay to design an advertisement message, purchase advertising media slots and track advertising campaigns.
- Tool for Promotion Advertising is a part of the mix of promotion of an organization.
- One-way communication: Advertising is a one-way communication where brands are able to communicate with customers using various channels.
- Personal or non-personal: Advertising could be non-personal like radio, television, or newspaper ads, or extremely personal, such as for social media and other ads based on cookies.
Types of Advertising
Advertising Awards activities can be classified into above-the-line, below-the-line, and through-the-line advertising based on their level of penetration.
- Above-the-line ads include actions that are mostly non-targeted and have a large coverage. Examples of above-the-line advertisements are radio, television, and newspaper ads.
- Below-the-line marketing is a type of conversion-focused advertising that is targeted at a particular audience. Examples of advertising below the line include billboards, sponsorships, in-store advertisements, etc.
- Through-the-line marketing includes actions that require the utilization of both ATL and BTL strategies at the same time. These strategies are targeted toward branding development and conversions and employ targeted (personalized) advertising strategies. Examples of advertising that is through the line include cookies-based advertisements and digital marketing strategies and so on.
Advertising Can Also Be Classified Into Five Kinds Based On The Type Of Advertising Media Used:
The types of ads are:
- Print Advertising: Newspaper, magazines, & brochure advertisements, etc.
- Radio Broadcast: Television and radio ads.
- Outdoor Advertising: Hoardings, banners, flags, wraps, etc.
- Digital Advertisement: Advertisements are displayed over the internet as well as on digital devices.
- Brand/Product Integration Brands and products are featured in entertainment media, such as TV shows and YouTube videos.
What Are The Objectives Of Advertising?
Three main purposes of advertising: are to educate about the brand’s offering or product or product, convince consumers to buy or complete a task, and increase the impact of the brand’s message.
1. To Inform:
Advertisements can be used to boost the brand’s visibility and awareness within the targeted market. Informing prospective customers about the brand and its offerings can be the initial step toward reaching business objectives.
2. To Persuade:
Inducing consumers to complete an action is the main goal of marketing. It could involve purchasing or trying out the products and services provided, as well as forming an image for the brand, creating an appreciation for the company, and so on.
3. To Remind:
Advertising’s other goal is to strengthen the message of the brand and ensure the current and future customers about the vision of the brand. Advertising aids the brand in keeping its name at the forefront and ensures that competitors do not steal customers. This is also helpful in word-of-mouth marketing.
Other Advertising Objectives Are Subsets Of The Three Goals. These Subsets Include:
- Build a brand
- Growing sales
- Creating demand
- Expanding customer base
- Changing customers’ attitudes, etc.
Importance of Advertising
1. To The Customers:
- The convenience: Targeted informative advertisements make the decision-making process for customers easier since they are aware of what is best for their needs and budget.
- Awareness: Advertising educates the customers about the different products on the market and their benefits. This information helps consumers to compare various products and pick the most suitable product for them.
- Higher quality: Only brands advertise themselves and their products. There aren’t any advertisements for products that are not branded. This guarantees better customer service as well as a solid economic model since no company would want to spend money on fake advertisements.
2. To The Business:
- Awareness: Advertising increases brand and product recognition among individuals who belong to the targeted market.
- Brand Image: Effective advertising can help a business create the desired image of its brand and brand image within the mind of customers.
- Product differentiation: Advertising helps the business stand out from its competitors and convey its benefits and benefits to its target public.
- Improves goodwill Advertising reinforces brand goals and improves the brand’s reputation among its clients.
- Value for money: Advertising communicates the messages to a broad population and can be cost-effective in comparison to other components of the promotional mix.
One can do advertisement and can earn the awards like American Advertising Awards. One must excel in this field.