If your skin has both dry and oily areas, that means you have combination skin. You need to adjust your skincare steps to make sure your skin becomes healthier and more beautiful. Let’s find out the most effective skincare routine steps for combination skin below.
Learn About Combination Skin
Our skin is usually divided into three main types: oily skin, dry skin, and combination skin. In the group of combinations, skin can be further subdivided. Before knowing the skincare routine steps for combination skin, let’s take some time to learn about our combination skin type.
What Is Combination Skin?
Combination skin is a complex skin type that is both dry and oily. The T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) often secretes a lot of sebum, while the jawline and cheeks are dry. This type of skin is usually quite common in Asia.
Due to the characteristics of each skin area on the face being different, skincare for combination skin also requires a combination of different methods and is more difficult than usual. To choose the right skincare product for your combination skin, Kohl’s is a good choice for you with numerous items from well-known brands. Use this Kohls 40 off coupon to save more skincare products you are finding.
2 types of combination skin
- Oily combination skin: T-zone is more oily than usual. People with oily combination skin often have more oil in the T-section, and the remaining dry areas will not be too dry. The forehead area is even more prone to oil spills.
- Dry combination skin: The cheeks and jawline are more prone to dryness and flaking. This skin type will usually have a dry part that takes up more space than an oily part. These areas include both the inner and outer cheeks. Besides, in the winter, the nose and chin area is also prone to dryness and peeling. In hot seasons, even if the T-zone is oily, the cheeks still feel dry.
Affordable skincare routine steps for combination skin
Step 1: Exfoliate twice a week
Dead cells on the skin gradually accumulate, causing the pores to become clogged. They are also the cause of obstruction, making it difficult for your skin to absorb nutrients, so skincare is much but the skin is still poor. One of the skincare routine steps for combination skin is to exfoliate up to 1-2 times per week.
Those with dry combination skin should focus on the U-shaped dry skin on the face. You should use gentle products such as toners with natural ingredients. Products with large granules and high acid extracts will make the skin more abrasive and sensitive, so you need to discard them.
For oily combination skin, exfoliating gels and creams containing active ingredients BHA, AHA, and PHA help clean dead skin effectively. In particular, these types also help unclog pores and remove dirt & blackheads from the skin. However, you should pay attention to the time of use, and should not stay on the skin for more than 10 minutes for each use.
Step 2: Steam your skin
Steam with essential oils is very good for your skin, especially the pores. The steam helps your skin relax, easier to absorb the nutrients in the next step. You can refer to the easy way to steam at home as follows:
- Pour hot water into a basin or bowl and add a few drops of essential oil
- Cover with a towel to steam for 7-10 minutes
- Use a cotton pad to pat dry the skin
Step 3: Cleanse the skin
Depending on your skin condition, you can choose a suitable face wash for yourself.
For those with combination skin with acne, you should prioritize cleansing products containing green tea, tea tree, chamomile, and BHA. These active ingredients will help remove sebum effectively and limit acne as well as reduce inflammation.
For dry combination skin, gel cleansers, a fine foaming form will be more suitable. You should give preference to those containing mild natural essences, and avoid those with strong acid or seed active ingredients because they will lose the natural moisture film on the skin.
Step 4: Use a toner
You should choose mild, benign types as a stepping stone for combination skin before proceeding with the next steps of providing nutrients.
Step 5: Moisturize
Moisturizing for combination skin or any skin type is a step that cannot be skipped every day. Fully moisturized skin will become brighter, control oil secretion, and prevent premature aging. You can use creams in thin gel form, liquid cream, or lotion form with natural benign ingredients such as chamomile, Centella Asiatica, Niacinamide, Ceramide, Peptide, and aloe…
For those with combination skin, when applying moisturizer, pay attention to applying more on dry skin areas and less cream on oily skin areas to balance the amount of moisture on the skin.
The Secret To Making Combination Skincare More Effective
In order for skincare to be more effective, besides investing in choosing the best skincare routine products for combination skin, you should pay attention to a few more factors:
- Drink a lot of water because if the body is sufficiently moist from the inside, it will limit the dryness of the skin as well as excess oil secretion
- Apply masks regularly, especially natural, benign masks to help whiten and smooth skin
- Always apply sunscreen before going outdoors, minimizing the harmful effects of sunlight on your combination skin. Check out these sunscreens tips and precautions.
- Clean the house regularly, change pillowcases and towels weekly
With this shared knowledge, hope you have a better understanding of the skincare routine steps for combination skin. I hope you can effectively apply the tips in the article to your daily routine for healthier and brighter skin.
Read more: abcbnews